S.K. Modi National School has Pre-Primary and Primary classes. A trilingual method is followed with English as the medium of instruction.
An entity by itself, the Pre-Primary section helps build readiness skills, self-conﬁdence and a love for learning. With concept-based teaching and CCE: Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation, this section endeavors to introduce children to the larger world outside of the home. Concepts in language, math, science, and arts are introduced with the Montessori methodology and theme-based activities by providing hands-on experience that help the child develop social, gross as well as ﬁne motor skills. Children learn to interact socially with their peers and teachers thus developing self-esteem in a safe, secure environment enjoying what they learn.
A student’s application to lessons taught is assessed on a day-to-day basis. Assessments are an ongoing integral part of everyday activities. The curriculum includes instruction via concept-based teaching, CCE:Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation and theme based assembly activities. To enable children to develop their natural skills and discover their innate talent, the school has club activities like the Science Club, Quiz Club, and the Eco Club that provide them with enormous opportunities to experience, explore and exhibit
We also try to give the children a hands on experience of real life concepts.
- World around us – We mentor to connect them to life skills.
- Colour paradise – Understand subtle difference in colours.
- Animal world– Create awareness of animal care and safety.
- Unity in diversity celebrations– Respect each other’s religion & culture.
- Science experiments – Understand the logical facts. Which occur
- Field trips – Real world learning.
- Montessori concepts – This makes child an individual and independent learner.
- Tata class edge –Tata class edge as been installed in every class room and this helps students enjoy learning with innovative, interactive teaching method supported by animation, games, lab & simulation
- Art activities
- Reading activities
- Group activities
- Environmental activities(Gardening)
We also give importance to co-curricular activities which will in a way bring out the hidden talent in every child.
TATA CLASS EDGE
We bring together the various dimensions of learning !
- Textbook mapped content
- 3D animations & Videos
- Apps such as Diagram Maker & Time lines
- Industry videos to show real life application of concepts
- Virtual labs & tools
- Well designed lesson plans
- Assessment engine powered with over 3 lakh questions
- Easy to use academic planning tools
- Gaming platform for revision
Continious & Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE)
Our Continuous & Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) program is designed to ensure that each child’s learning levels, comprehension skills and cognitive abilities are continuously evaluated. CCE comprises of regular assessments, frequency of unit testing, analysis of learning gaps, applying corrective measures, retesting and giving feedback to teachers and students for their self-evaluation. CCE is also applied to co-curricular activities to ensure better training.
CCE consists of two types of tests namely formative and summative tests. The formative tests comprise quizzes, oral tests, project assignments which has 40% weight-age of the total score. Then the summative tests are held which comprise 60% weight-age.
CCE enables our teachers to identify each child’s strengths and areas of improvements and thus personalize lessons and learning materials accordingly. This gives students chances to improve their performance throughout the year.