Late Mr.S.K. Modi & Mrs. Manju Modi
Vibhuthi Gudda Mines,Ballari.
Sri S.K.Modi’s name is known for Humanity, Quality, Positive Thinking, Service, awareness, Development, Philanthropy and for being Labor Friendly. He was born in North Calcutta on 15th January 1951. He came to Bellary in the year 1972 to explore mining business opportunities and with a vision to contribute in Local Development. His wife Smt. Manju Modi was born on 23rd June 1952. She has constantly supported him in his pursuit for excellence.
Mr. & Mrs. Modi started to implement all dreams – ambitions by operating Vibhutigudda Mines Pvt. Ltd in the year 1972. During those days Iron Ore Mining was neglected by Government and as well as by Industry. In the year 1979 they took over the mining company Bellary Iron Ores Pvt. Ltd. They also took over two more mining leases Suggalamma Mining and Co. and Gavisiddeshwara Enterprises.
Apart from mining Sri S.K. Modi entered Sponge Iron manufacturing business in the name of Hindustan Calcinide and metals Pvt Ltd and entered automobile sector with dealership of Maruti Suzuki cars. They also established wind Power and Power plants
For Local Development and Service purpose Mr. & Mrs. Modi Started an NGO for Charity i.e. – S.K. Modi Foundation. By this Foundation Sri SK Modi extended all his Services towards Education, Health, Social Reforms, Eco-friendly activities and others. He voluntarily committed for Free hand help for downtrodden people.
- They donated 1 Cr for AKSHAYA PATRA – Foundation, this Foundation provides MID DAY MEAL for Bellary District Government and Aided Schools.
- Conducted 5 Days Mega Eye Camp in collaboration with sankar netralaya of Chennai. Camps were conducted in Allipura, Kurugode, Kudutini, Halakundi of Bellary Tq and Hireahal of Andhra Pradesh. In these 5 Camps we identified more than 1000 Patients for Cataract operations. People took 965 Surgeries. This eye camp is a record in the nation. We provided Free Opticals for more than 800 patients.
- Donated Rs 1.25 Cr ‘Sankara Netralaya’ for construction of EYE hospital Block in Kolkata. Mr. S.K. Modi extended his service for poor peoples in Kolkata. They took Sponsorship of 1000 Cataract Surgeries.
- They also undertook Notebook distribution for students, Desk Distribution for schools and free health checkup and medicine Distribution in Villages of Belagal, Janekunta, H. Siddapura and several other villages.
- Teachers were appointed to improve adult literacy in rural areas, upgrade their Knowledge and improve their Socio – Economical status. This awareness resulted in their children taking up school education.
- Constructed a dining hall for Sri Ramakrishna Ashram Old age home of Rayadurga of Andhra Pradesh.
- For Bellary Mahanagara Palike’s project of `Clean Bellary – Green Bellary’ – Sri S.K. Modi Donated 32 lacks and provided garbage collection vehicles
- For the Betterment of Bellary Citizens and Children, Sri S.K. Modi took up development of BUDA One such park is at Sanjay Gandhi Nagar and another is at Fort area.
- Constructed Community halls and Temples in H. Siddapura Village of A.P & B. Belagal Village of Karnataka.
- Donated for `Ananta animutyala’ education Scheme of Andhra Pradesh. This Scheme was planned by Anantapura District Administration.
- S.K. Modi Donated Rs 20 lacks To VIMS to purchase Medical equipments.